[Development] thread_local: replacing GCC with Clang for MinGW

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Fri Aug 23 22:25:49 CEST 2019

On Friday, 23 August 2019 11:27:12 PDT Jean-Michaƫl Celerier wrote:
> I'm using this toolchain to build qtbase, declarative, svg, websockets,
> serialport and a few other : https://github.com/mstorsjo/llvm-mingw
>
> I think that it has also been used for webengine.

Interesting, it would rehabilitate webengine for mingw.

I also note the known issue list says
"The toolchain uses Windows native TLS support, which doesn't work properly
until Windows Vista."

It doesn't affect us, since we don't target anything older than W7, but it's
good to know that it uses the native TLS support.

In any case, we don't need that full toolchain, since we don't need the LLVM
tools. We can work with GNU binutils just fine with Clang.