[Development] Using windeployqt from a cross-compiled Qt

Kai Pastor, DG0YT dg0yt at darc.de
Sat Aug 24 18:39:04 CEST 2019

Am 24.08.19 um 16:55 schrieb Richard Weickelt:
> I've been trying to use windeployqt from a cross-compiled (mingw-w64 on
> Linux) Qt. I must be the only person on the planet doing this because there
> is a bug in windeployqt preventing it.

Tried that in the past, but resorted to CMake and BundleUtilities. Then
the difficulty is to handle the plugins. It is possible to find them
from the module's CMake configuration, but unfortunately not all of them
(QTBUG-58812).

Is a unified deployment solution on the requirements list for Qt 6?

Kai.