[Development] QT_GCC_MAJOR_VERSION and building with clang...

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Dec 7 19:02:55 CET 2019

On Saturday, 7 December 2019 02:22:53 PST René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> > We already do that. The information is obtained for every qmake parent
> > project run.
>
> Are you 100% certain it is done 100% of the time? This is probably where the
> MAJOR_VERSION = 3 above came from: a test to see if that trickled through
> into the error message.

Yes, I am. I wrote the initial code and Ossi helped perfect it. I also proved
it with the paste in my reply.

But note we're talking about different variables here. qmake does find the
version every time. But there's also a set of variables that are hardcoded
from qtbase's configure and indicate the version that qtbase was compiled
with. The project you're trying to use may be using the ones from qtbase.