[Development] Stepping down as QDoc maintainer

Paul Wicking Paul.Wicking at qt.io
Thu Dec 12 09:31:53 CET 2019

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 14:52:09 +0000
Martin Smith <Martin.Smith at qt.io> wrote:

> I will now formally step down as QDoc maintainer. After 25 years
> using Qt (Qt license 0 at METIS), the last 13 of those years
> maintaining QDoc, first at Trolltech, then Nokia, then Digia, and now
> at The Qt Comany, I am about to become the first guy to retire from
> Trolltech, et al, because of old age (70 on Jan 14).
>
> Topi Reiniƶ wants very much to take over the maintainer role, and I
> think he is the best person to guide QDoc through its next phase of
> development, which will be significant.

Thank you for holding the reigns for as long as you have, through thick
and thin. And congratulations to Topi for the nomination, I can't think
of a worthier successor.

> I expect to continue contributing, but I have been working on the
> outline for a science fiction novel for those same 25 years, and now
> I won't have an excuse for not writing it.

Looking forward to reading it!
(Will it be a tad more exciting than Fox' War of the worlds?)

> Thanks for an interesting job as both software engineer and technical
> writer.

Thank _you_ for your commitment to Qt's world-class quality
documentation, of which thousands of developers around the world
rely on.

> Martin Smith

Love and light,
- Paul