[Development] sdktool parameters

Юрий Лунёв koolkhel at mail.ru
Mon Dec 16 15:35:02 CET 2019

Hello,

I’m trying to figure out the syntax of sdktool so that I could set up my custom Yocto-built SDK in automatic and manageable way.

What I’m stuck with now is the command to add a toolchain:
$SDKTOOL addTC --id «ProjectExplorer.ToolChain.Gcc:me.gcc" \
        --language C \
        --name "Myir GCC" \
        --path ${X86_SYSROOT}/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc \
        --abi arm-linux-generic-elf-32bit \
        --supportedAbis arm-linux-generic-elf-32bit \
        ProjectExplorer.GccToolChain.PlatformCodeGenFlags QString:"-mthumb -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mcpu=cortex-a7"

What happens is that PlatformCodeGenFlags appear as a single variable quoted by ‘ from both sides. And the compiler fails this way.

I found out that there’s a way to specify QStringList instead, but I can’t figure out the syntax. It’s something related to QVariant,
QVariantList etc, and there isn’t documentation for it, or I’m too blind to find that.

How do I say something like the following)
$SDKTOOL addTC --id «ProjectExplorer.ToolChain.Gcc:me.gcc" \
        --language C \
        --name "Myir GCC" \
        --path ${X86_SYSROOT}/usr/bin/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc \
        --abi arm-linux-generic-elf-32bit \
        --supportedAbis arm-linux-generic-elf-32bit \
        ProjectExplorer.GccToolChain.PlatformCodeGenFlags QStringList: '-mthumb’, '-mfpu=neon-vfpv4', 'mfloat-abi=hard’, '-mcpu=cortex-a7’

Best regards, Yury Lunyov.