[Development] Enum classes in signals?

Alexander Nassian nassian at bitshift-dynamics.com
Tue Feb 5 17:46:36 CET 2019

Is it really deprecated? Didn’t find any notice and wonder how it could get deprecated as the f-ptr syntax is not functionally equivalent to the macro syntax.

Beste Grüße / Best regards,
Alexander Nassian

> Am 05.02.2019 um 17:43 schrieb Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com>:
>
> While I prefer enum classes myself, I just had to connect to a signal with one in it. This was unfortunate as I was attempting to use the old connection syntax SIGNAL()/SLOT() macros. I was not aware that the old syntax were being deprecated? What is the policy on this?
>
> Should signals not use enum classes?
> Should Qt not use enum classes?
> Should Qt support old connection syntax? Where/when?
> Should all new connections be in the modern syntax?

—

bitshift dynamics GmbH
Neudorfer Str. 1, 79541 Lörrach

Registergericht: Amtsgericht Freiburg i. Breisgau, HRB 713747

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Nassian, Markus Pfaffinger

http://www.bitshift-dynamics.de <http://www.bitshift-dynamics.de/>

Zentrale: +49 762158673 - 0
Fax: +49 7621 58673 - 90

Allgemeine Anfragen: