[Development] Maintainers, your action needed: Qt 5.12.2 changes files

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Thu Feb 21 13:15:43 CET 2019

Somewhat related: I suggest to stop listening all changes in the commit message template. See e.g.

https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/253950/

This makes the commit message unnecessarily long, and also means that, if you grep though git log history for a specific change, you hit the changelog commit too.

I guess the idea was to give anyone working on the change log an idea what commit might be worth documenting. Anyhow, it seems not every reviewer removes the list before submitting, and frankly speaking it should be easy enough for everyone to run e.g. 'git log v5.12.1..5.12.2' themselves.

Kai