[Development] CMake Workshop Summary

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 17:24:26 CET 2019

El miércoles, 13 de febrero de 2019 14:52:41 -03 Thiago Macieira escribió:
> On Wednesday, 13 February 2019 09:08:58 PST Stephen Kelly via Development
>
> wrote:
> > Of course it is easy to create a `Qt5or6::Core` target for transitional
> > use
> > and get all the benefits.
> >
> > target_link_libraries(mything PRIVATE Qt5or6::Core)
>
> That should plain be Qt::Core, which is the same as Qt 4. The number of
> packages still transitioning from Qt 4 is small and in any case would be
> what is expected anyway.

Small but persistent :-( Tip: amarok.

I really thing Qt<major> is just fine, more options will give us packagers
more pain for little to no gain.

If the problem is switching between Qt 5 and 6 it's just a matter of defining
some conditionals in CMakeLists.txt, as has been done for Qt 4 and 5 on many
projects (phonon as an example).

Now if developers need something "easier" then the above might be provided as
a CMake method. That will solve the issue and even give a common interface.

--
The vast majority of Slashdot readers use Firefox. “We only have 20
percent of our population on Internet Explorer,” he says. “It's exactly

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/