[Development] Packager's wishlist: no need of private headers for theme plugins

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer perezmeyer at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 17:32:12 CET 2019

Hi!

Reading the CMake thread made me remember another issue we had with Qt 5
which, hopefully, can be rethink for Qt 6.

I have already asked to version applications with the major version [0], but
there is something else that will *surely* make developers *and* packagers'
life easier: being able to write theme plugins without the need of requiring
private headers.

This have been the cause for many delays of Qt packaging, as we need to
rebuild reverse dependencies (theme plugins) for each new Qt upload to our
archives.

If this could somehow be changed then it will surely help us a lot.