[Development] Deprecating the static QProcess::startDetached() overloads

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 11:03:54 CET 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 9:00 AM J-P Nurmi <jpnurmi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it technically possible to start() and then detach()?
> [...]

This is quite important for me. I have a module that implements a
daemon/service[1] (due to QtService being old and not integrating with
windows' service manager) and I use the static `QProcess::startDetached` to
start the daemon and detach from the controlling terminal (on Linux). I
need *AN* API to do this, otherwise I'd have to (re)implement
double-forking myself. If there are changes I'm going to comply with them,
but please, deprecate only if you allow for detaching (later) through the
non-static methods.

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/nye/qtdaemon