[Development] Qt 5.13 feature freeze is getting closer

Lars Knoll lars.knoll at qt.io
Wed Jan 16 20:56:20 CET 2019

On 16 Jan 2019, at 19:54, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 09:44:40 PST Aleksey Kontsevich wrote:
In Nov, there was long discussion in review:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/240347/ Request was initially for
both: plugin and library - latter was transformed to Qt module.

Given that this is a complete surprise, I don't think we can find enough time
to do a review of it as a module in time for 5.13.

As far as I understood it the request was for a TP status, not a fully supported module.

In particular, I want to
take a look to see how it can integrate with a project my team is working on:
 https://clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/concepts/telemetry-about

Why should that project influence a telemetry module for Qt?

So I think that for 5.13, the module can be at no higher state than
experimental. That will allow getting API reviews and testing by others.

See above, I don’t think anything else was being asked for.

Cheers,
Lars