[Development] Qt 5.13 feature freeze is getting closer

Maurice Kalinowski Maurice.Kalinowski at qt.io
Thu Jan 17 09:18:47 CET 2019

Well even for TP there should be some consensus on whether it should be part of Qt or not, no?

We are lacking documentation on the process here, all I could find was https://wiki.qt.io/Creating_a_new_module_or_tool_for_Qt#Graduating_from_the_Playground.

“This decision is done on the qt-development mailing list, based on the technical and spirit fit to Qt, and it requires the approval of the Chief Maintainer.”

To my knowledge this has not happened at all. There was only a repository request so far, none for integrating it into the product line.

That is beside all the concerns about the quality of the code and missing actions to fix these.

Maurice