[Development] Qt 5.13 feature freeze is getting closer

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Thu Jan 17 09:23:56 CET 2019

On 16 Jan 2019, at 22:30, Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com<mailto:thiago.macieira at intel.com>> wrote:

On Wednesday, 16 January 2019 11:56:20 PST Lars Knoll wrote:
In particular, I want to
take a look to see how it can integrate with a project my team is working
on:
https://clearlinux.org/documentation/clear-linux/concepts/telemetry-about

Why should that project influence a telemetry module for Qt?

Because both have "telemetry" in the name.

Hey Thiago,

The proposed Qt Telemetry module focues on measuring usage of Qt applications. How long do end users run an app, what functionality do they use, etc. It’s not trying to address host or system observability, which is anyway a fairly crowded space already.

From a cursory look at your project, I’m curious what it does that configuration management systems like cfengine/puppet/chef, or dedicated time-series and monitoring systems like Prometheus don't do, or in what way you found e.g Prometheus lacking.

Cheers,
Volker