[Development] Qt 5.13 feature freeze is getting closer

Paul Tvete Paul.Tvete at qt.io
Thu Jan 17 15:33:49 CET 2019

On Thursday, 17 January 2019 15:11:13 CET Edward Welbourne wrote:
>Tuukka Turunen (17 January 2019 15:00)
>> I think best would be to do the API review in codereview tool

> As I suspect you're thinking of the API reviews I create in the run-up
> to a release, I feel obliged to point out these are really API *change*
> reviews.

I suspect that Tuukka did mean an actual code review, and not the header-diff-
sanity-check, but he can speak for himself.

I'm taking the opportunity to yet again point out that the term "API review"
has a long history inside and outside of the Qt Project, and we need another
name for the just-before-release check. This misunderstanding shows that the
risk of miscommunication is not merely theoretical.

- Paul (aka. Cato the Elder)