[Development] gnuwin32 in qt5.git

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Fri Jan 18 14:26:50 CET 2019

I’m a fan of the idea that for Qt6 we remove all copies of third party libraries and provide convenient binaries of them in the qt installed (as separate package in there) as well as via vcpkg for those wanting to build from source.

Flex and bison are IMO exactly the same kind of third party software (except that gnuwin32 offers installer executables). Therefore I suggest to not have them in a repo but require the presence in the PATH and provide binaries in the installer.

Simon