[Development] gnuwin32 in qt5.git

Joerg Bornemann Joerg.Bornemann at qt.io
Fri Jan 18 15:10:25 CET 2019

On 1/18/19 2:26 PM, Simon Hausmann wrote:

> I’m a fan of the idea that for Qt6 we remove all copies of third party libraries and provide convenient binaries of them in the qt installed (as separate package in there) as well as via vcpkg for those wanting to build from source.
>
> Flex and bison are IMO exactly the same kind of third party software (except that gnuwin32 offers installer executables). Therefore I suggest to not have them in a repo but require the presence in the PATH and provide binaries in the installer.

Then please also provide a convenience package that can be downloaded by
people building Qt from source on Windows.

The current solution (and the proposed additional repository) have the
advantage that people don't have to search the web for the binary
package with the right version, potentially grabbing some out of date
stuff, resulting in strange bug reports with the component "Build System".

BR,

Joerg