[Development] Qt for WebAssembly 5.13

Morten Sørvig Morten.Sorvig at qt.io
Tue Jan 22 12:24:15 CET 2019

Hi all,

Qt for WebAssembly shipped as a tech preview for 5.12, and for 5,13 we want to fill in some of the missing pieces, and also make Q_OS_WASM a supported platform. Supported here does not mean that everything that does not work today will work, but rather that what we claim will work actually will work. And also that the Qt Company supports Qt on this platform, like Qt on the other platforms.

The planned list of improvements includes:
- Multithreading support (most likely opt-in)
- System clipboard access
- Local file access
- Binary packages
- Platform documentation

This is mostly platform implementation work. We are looking to add new public API for the file access part, see https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/250462/

And finally a question for this list: What would you like to see be implemented for Qt for WebAssembly?

Cheers,
Morten