[Development] Deprecation of QByteArray operator const char *()?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Jan 25 21:11:33 CET 2019

Hello,

The two implicit conversions from QByteArray to const char*/void*
(QByteArray::operator const char *() and QByteArray::operator const
void*()) were marked as obsolete with Qt5.0 but never get decorated as
such. This means their usage even inside QtBase is huge (I would say at
least 70-80 locations).
Therefore my question before I'm pushing a patch to add QT_DEPRECATED_X
to them - is the deprecation still valid?

Thx,
Christian