[Development] Qt modules, API changes and Qt 6

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Sun Jan 27 11:47:04 CET 2019

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019, Olivier Goffart wrote:

> I think the "monorepo" is clearly a good approach. And git is evolving with
> shadow clones and partial checkout. LLVM/Clang recently choose the monorepo
> approach as it moves to git.
>
> Of one problem is that this will make CI integration slower because each CI
> run now have to test both qtbase and qtdeclarative tests.

I've started to develop sympathy for "monorepos" during the last years. To
counter often expressed fears like excessive build and test times one has
to point out:

Bigger (or even single) repositories do NOT mean

   - monolithic builds and test runs
   - monolithic packaging

Developers and packagers are free to model logical segements according to
their needs.

Harri.