[Development] HEADS-UP: Branching from '5.12' to '5.12.1' started

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Wed Jan 30 11:29:47 CET 2019

Yes, this is intentional. Qt WebEngine in 5.12 only supports MSVC 2017, that was the case already for Qt 5.12.0.

> Should the installer perhaps warn
> that the selected combination is unsupported?

Maybe, though getting a warning every time might be a bit too much, too. Also, I'm not sure how and whether such a warning can be implemented ...

At least the description of the Qt WebEngine module says

  On Windows, the module is only available under MSVC 2017

Kai