[Development] HTML5/CSS vs Qt QML and QtCreator / Assistant

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Mon Jul 1 16:10:05 CEST 2019

Il 01/07/19 15:56, Konstantin Tokarev ha scritto:
> If we include assumption #4, we can just render document paragraph-by-paragraph, encode
> resulting images of paragraphs to PNG and send to UI process.

All of this "cross platform" (possibly), "efficient" (on the spot PNG
compression through local sockets is everything but efficient),
"flicker-free" (I'll believe it when I see it).

So, where's this magic code?

(And all of this instead of adding 1px table borders and maybe other 2-3
features to QTextDocument; and developing a layout engine in Qt Quick.
Not to mention it makes for a great user story for Qt, "Yes, the QtHelp
module requires Qt Quick. No don't worry, it doesn't use OpenGL, it uses
the software rasterizer, but no, not directly! It spawns another process
and pushes frames through a local socket")

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts