[Development] Maybe add some kind of accessible pipeline for QSettings serialization in Qt6?

NIkolai Marchenko enmarantispam at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 17:09:21 CEST 2019

We (at our company) realy, REALLY don't like qsettings for a multitude of
reasons but are forced to deal with it because the details of how UI types
are saved are hidden deep in the qt's implementation and are subject to any
kind of changes qt wants.

What we would really like is to have functions for all of this that hide
implementation but do expose the inputs/outputs of how settings of Qt's
classes are saved and loaded so that we can feed those into a separate
settings class to be stored and managed externally.

Can it be done with Qt6?