[Development] Grooming the merges?

Mutz, Marc marc at kdab.com
Fri Jul 26 05:58:23 CEST 2019

On 2019-07-26 03:29, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 July 2019 06:11:48 PDT Mutz, Marc via Development
> wrote:
>> We've come to that point already with QT_NO_LINKED_LIST and
>> QT_NO_JAVA_STYLE_ITERATORS. We can now globally enable them. The last
>> uses in QtBase (tests) already undef them.
>
> If we can globally enable them, then please make the change in
> qglobal.h for
> when QT_BUILDING_QT is defined.

That would require brittle #include ordering of "last uses in QtBase".
I'm proposing to add them to qt_build_config.prf instead, which is the
first thing every Qt module loads in .qmake.conf:

https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/267774
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/267775

Then it's build-system only.