[Development] Deprecation/removal model going into Qt 6

Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.) bstottle at ford.com
Sun Jun 2 18:30:41 CEST 2019

On 6/2/19, 12:02 PM, "Stottlemyer, Brett (B.S.)" <bstottle at ford.com> wrote:

    This discussion reminds me of Python 2 vs. Python 3, and I think there are some important lessons to consider from Python.

FYI, I know Qt has been through version updates as well, and Qt 4 -> Qt 5 was not that long ago.  For me, QML on top of OpenGL was compelling, so moving to Qt 5 was an easy choice.  The Python transition, on the other hand, took a long time.  So I thought the reasons for that were more pertinent to the Qt 6 discussion.

Brett