[Development] QList for Qt 6

Scott Bloom scott at towel42.com
Sun Jun 2 21:12:28 CEST 2019

I'm a bit late to this game, but ...
> I don’t see why you’d want to remove the switch for Qt 6.
> It would be a porting help for application developers.

Application developers will not build their own Qt, but rely on the QList with the switch their Qt and Qt-using 3rd party libraries are built with.

And how does it work if different 3rdparty qt libraries requires the switch differently?

/Sune
 - Qt, KDE and Debian guy at night. Qt & c++ freelancer by day.

I can tell you from m Qt3 -> Qt4 transition, with a similar switch (to enable Qt3 functions that were killed off)

We did the following.. Our release, was built with the Qt3to4 library and switches enabled.

However, our developer builds had the switch turned off, so we didn’t introduce new code using the old API.

Scott