[Development] Deprecation/removal model going into Qt 6

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 2 23:41:55 CEST 2019

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> Boost is **exactly** the best example of why Qt should not go the same
> route. It's totally problematic to have more than two stacks around,
> and we **will** have Qt5 and Qt6 for a long time.

In fact, Fedora even still ships Qt 3 and Qt 4 and they are not going away
any time soon! Some applications will never get ported. What's the benefit
of the new features in new Qt releases if your application works just fine
without those features? The most important feature in a library is backwards
compatibility!

        Kevin Kofler