[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Bernhard Lindner private at bernhard-lindner.de
Mon Jun 3 14:27:31 CEST 2019

> > > Suppose you implement all planned actions for Qt6 (see your original e-mail). Are
> > > the
> > > remaining components (those that are neither deprecated nor removed) of Qt6 well
> > > maintained and are there enough staff available not only to maintain them
> > > indefinitely
> > > but to actively develop them further?
> >
> > No answer to my question above?
>
> Who do you expect an answer to this question from?
>
> The Qt Company? The Qt community? Marc? Thiago?

Whoever believes being able to make a realistic assessment.

If there is no such person/group in this list, which can do an estimate how much of Qt is
affordable, an important aspect of the Qt 6 discussion can not actually be discussed. How
can Marc think about removing (or significantly changing) Qt due to ressource limits or
new strategic goals if the limits or goals are unknown?

Actions out of frustration are never a good idea. And pushing into a (technical) direction
that does not solve the underlying (strategical) problem is futile.

--
Best Regards,
Bernhard Lindner