[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 3 19:57:25 CEST 2019

On Monday, 3 June 2019 10:31:14 PDT Thiago Macieira wrote:
> A semantic replacement could be used to refactor the code from load() →
> load(std::memory_order_relaxed) and loadAcquire() → load().

Another idea is to introduce loadRelaxed() and storeRelaxed() in Qt 5.13,
right now, so we can mark load() and store() conditionally deprecated
(#ifdef). That way, we can begin converting from load() to loadRelaxed() along
the way.

When 6.0 comes, we can perform the change from loadRelaxed() to
load(std::memory_order_relaxed) with a simple search-and-replace.