[Development] Configure command lines of official Qt releases

Volker Hilsheimer volker.hilsheimer at qt.io
Tue Jun 4 15:39:45 CEST 2019

On 3 Jun 2019, at 20:15, Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com<mailto:elvstone at gmail.com>> wrote:

Den mån 3 juni 2019 kl 20:04 skrev Elvis Stansvik <elvstone at gmail.com<mailto:elvstone at gmail.com>>:

Hi Richard,

I think this was asked on the interest list back in January [1].

The answer is here:

https://code.qt.io/cgit/qtsdk/qtsdk.git/tree/packaging-tools/bld_config

I seem to remember some recent Qt developer thread about making these
more accessible, but can't find it now.

Found it, but I remembered somewhat wrong. I was thinking of this note
by Volker in the recent "A monologue about platforms in the Qt world"
thread [1]:

"Why don’t we make the exact way of turning a clean Linux
distro-install into a "Qt reference configuration" available to
everyone else? The way build machines are provisioned in Coin is
rather opaque, even with some of the respective provisioning scripts
available in the qt5.git repo [1]. Having to document on a
(notoriously outdated) wiki how to set up things to build Qt from
source, when we have that knowledge literally codified somewhere for
Coin, doesn’t seem effective."

So that was more about making the provisioning process for a
"reference" build machine more transparent.

Elvis

[1] https://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2019-May/035773.html

Since I’m being quoted, I might just as well use the opportunity to announce that I’ve just made the repo where I’ve been tinkinering on a solution to this problem for a while now public on the Qt gitlab instance, accompanied by a little blog post:

https://blog.qt.io/blog/2019/06/04/introducing-minicoin/

Cheers,
Volker