[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Jun 5 06:58:18 CEST 2019

On Tuesday, 4 June 2019 12:57:36 PDT Mutz, Marc via Development wrote:
> You talk about a particular incarnation of stdlibs, I was talking about
> the general case. Yes, in the case you describe, and _if_ libc++ is
> configured to be compatible (which in the past you have complained is
> not done correctly), then it may work. But take STLport vs. Rougewave on
> older SunCC. Or Dinkumware vs. GCC on QNX.

Yes, I've complained that most distros can't seem to compile them to be
compatible correctly. But that's not Qt's problem that one (or most) of them
fail to do their job properly.

In a properly configured environment, there could be users who want to perform
this mixing.

But no, I don't think we should use that as an argument for avoiding Standard
Library API in our classes. For example, we should use std::unique_ptr.