[Development] Views

Иван Комиссаров abbapoh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 11:09:17 CEST 2019

I think, your point is wrong. Despite the fact Qt is a GUI toolkit, it should perform well.
Take a look at Qt Item Views. They really sucks in terms of performance.
QAbstractItemModel can have any number of rows/columns (that fits in MAX_INT), but which view can really handle that? None of them!
I had to use a model with 3kk rows in it. Guess what I used to display it? Custom item view.
AFAIK Qt item views still use vectors internally and simply changing the internal container to an std::deque can (needs profiling, though) improve performance since it stores data in chunks. Imagine prepending a row to a table with 3kk rows... well, good luck reallocating a vector in QHeaderView.

Иван Комиссаров