[Development] Heads-up (dev): carving up corelib/tools/ in qtbase

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Fri Jun 7 18:00:44 CEST 2019

Hi all,

Just to save some confusion when folk hit the need to rebase: I've just
moved (on dev) all date, time and time-zone things from corelib/tools/
to corelib/time/.  I shall, in the (hopefully [*]) near future, do the same
for string, byte-array, regex and locale things, into corelib/text/:
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/263127

Gerrit shall consider changes to the affected files to be conflicts, for
purposes of staging (both if my change is currently staged, when you try
to stage yours, and after mine has gone through); but git manages to
rebase fairly painlessly in most cases, because it knows perfectly well
that I merely moved files around.  Real conflicts may arise in
tools.pri, though.

I shall move the calendar work over to the new layout (time/ part
already done, but qlocale shall move in the text/ part).  Speaking of
which, the calendar API is mostly ready and I'd like to see it reviewed
in time to go into the 5.14 release, so please take a look at it [0][1].

[0] https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/182341
[1] https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/261857

[*] I shall be on holiday from next Thursday, June 13th; back in July.
... and next Monday, June 10th, is a public holiday here in Norway.

	Eddy.