[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Jun 9 00:56:35 CEST 2019

Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> Oh sorry, I've forgotten to add a reference:
>
> [1] https://yosefk.com/c++fqa/

If you go through the summary of complaints:
https://yosefk.com/c++fqa/defective.html
you will notice that some are not true or not relevant when you use Qt
rather than the STL, e.g.:
* "No reflection": QObject actually gives you reflection.
* the example in "Very complicated type system", which is really an STL
  issue. The Qt equivalent QMap<QString,QString> is just that.

Some are also no longer true in C++11, e.g.: "you can't initialize
std::vector with {1,2,3}".

And "Unhelpful standard library" is exactly my point. :-)

        Kevin Kofler
(who thinks C++ is a great programming language with a bad standard library)