[Development] Qt 5 types under consideration for deprecation / removal in Qt 6

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Sun Jun 9 13:38:15 CEST 2019

On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 10:10:36AM +0200, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Sonntag, 9. Juni 2019 00:09:30 CEST Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > QtAlgorithms should just be undeprecated. I don't care whether std::sort is
> > faster. If the version of Qt I tested with was fast enough, then I'm
> > perfectly fine with newer versions not being faster, no matter how fast some
> > incompatible implementation elsewhere is (and I don't care whether it
> > happens to ship with my compiler or not).
>
> If you are happy why would you upgrade Qt? If you don't upgrade Qt your code
> will keep working..

At on Linux systems application developers kind of depend on the
distribution's choice of system Qt.

So effectively, application developers need to support multiple versions
of Qt as they cannot really be sure which of their version the
distributors will combine with which version of Qt which is
conveniently ignored by our deprecators when they deprecated things
without offering a reasonably usable alternative.

Andre'