[Development] Heads-up (dev): carving up corelib/tools/ in qtbase

Edward Welbourne edward.welbourne at qt.io
Tue Jun 11 11:12:24 CEST 2019

Konstantin Ritt (7 June 2019 18:23) wrote:
> I doubt QByteArray really fits "text" scope.

It shares a lot of implementation complications with QString, though.
So it made sense to put it in the same directory.

> As for QLocale, I think it is a material for the "unicode" scope; same
> for QUnicodeTools, QUnicodeTables, QTextBoundaryFinder and maybe BiDi
> impl from QtGui.

I deemed the unicode pieces to be so closely related to stings that they
also belong in corelib/text/.  I only moved things from corelib/tools/;
if something else might sensibly move there, I guess that can come as a