[Development] Views

Konstantin Shegunov kshegunov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 13:49:49 CEST 2019

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:03 PM Ulf Hermann <ulf.hermann at qt.io> wrote:

> 3) Also sort the data on copying. Then you can still share the result.

You mean at the point of the shallow-copy (i.e. ref-count increment)? If
so, yes, that could work too, I think.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:46 PM Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development <
development at qt-project.org> wrote:

> It's fun to write containers and everything, but this stuff already

exists, and it's ready to be used (under liberal licenses):
> boost::container::flat_map, absl::flat_hash_map, and so on. Maybe the
> only thing missing is a flat unordered container that doesn't use
> hashing at all (just a vector of elements compared with op== for
> detecting duplicates, for very small workloads).
>
> Anyhow, given all of this isn't meant for public APIs, let's just use
> them and move on?

I find that unlikely to happen. Otherwise it'd raise a question in my mind
why this[1] couldn't go in.

[1]: https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt/qtbase/+/261715