[Development] From whence cometh Q_NAMESPACE?

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Tue Jun 11 19:18:47 CEST 2019

On Tue, 2019-06-11 at 18:30 +0200, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Development
wrote:
> > Is this intended? Or would it make sense to move the documentation
> > QMetaObject?
> Well, also Q_OBJECT itself, Q_SIGNALS/Q_SLOTS, etc. appear in
> qobjectdefs.h, yet obviously the right place for documented them is
> QObject. So I think the other macros just followed suit. Maybe it's
> possible to specify that macro for multiple targets, but is it worth
> it?

For my use case, I'm wondering if using Q_NAMESPACE with #include
<QMetaObject> is officially supported, or if it's an implementation
detail that just "happens to work" and could break. What is the
officially supported header for Q_NAMESPACE?

Kyle