[Development] How to port from Q_FOREACH to range-based for

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Jun 12 10:56:57 CEST 2019

Mutz, Marc via Development wrote:
> This is a bit like the Fridays for Future generation clash: the new
> developer asks "why is there Q_FOREACH if there's ranged-for?" and the
> older devs answer: "because I wants my SUV, erhm, I mean Q_FOREACH".

The difference is that Q_FOREACH does not destroy our planet as SUVs (and
cars in general, even electric cars as long as the electricity production
from renewable energy sources is stuck at its current insufficient capacity)
and other CO₂ emitters do.

A future without cars also needs to be a future without car analogies. :-)

        Kevin Kofler
        (who supports the Fridays for Future movement)