[Development] Proposing CMake as build tool for Qt 6

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Jun 14 21:51:50 CEST 2019

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> But as you said, this is a developer tool. And interestingly, if we move
> the developer tools out of $PATH, qtchooser becomes an interesting
> solution to bring them back in for those few people who want them. So I
> don't see anything wrong with qtchooser as a developer-of-Qt tool.

This is exactly how Fedora ships qtchooser: It is not installed or used by
default (the default setup relies on suffixed binaries in /usr/bin and
unsuffixed binaries in a version-specific directory), but you can enable it
by installing the qtchooser package and prepending its directory to your
$PATH.

        Kevin Kofler