[Development] Proposing CMake as build tool for Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 15 04:27:00 CEST 2019

On Friday, 14 June 2019 15:19:50 PDT Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 19:18, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
> <perezmeyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
> > The list of user-facing applications is much longer:
> >
> > ls -1 `qmake -qt5 -query QT_INSTALL_BINS`
>
> Sorry, that's the complete list of applications. We should still
> filter which ones should live in $libexecdir and which ones not.

I think they're all libexec except for:
 - qdbus
 - qdbusviewer
 - linguist
 - qmake
 - (possibly) qtdiag

The first three should promise backwards compatibility by design. The other
two need to be suffixed.

I wonder if Assistant as a standalone application still makes sense. Is it
used by the VS Add-in?