[Development] Proposing CMake as build tool for Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 15 04:22:21 CEST 2019

On Friday, 14 June 2019 15:11:42 PDT Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
wrote:
> That really sounds like a nice solution. I don't know if it uses
> private headers or not. If it does it might need to be updated in case
> a future revision breaks it, otherwise it should be quite
> straightforward. And make Qt a little bit slimmer too.

It does, but that should be duplicated inside the tool. It uses the QDBusUtil
namespace for checking the validity of certain strings and for the printing of
D-Bus messages that QVariant does not know how to convert. The latter should
become API and therefore hardcoded in the tool.