[Development] Proposing CMake as build tool for Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Sat Jun 15 18:37:24 CEST 2019

On Saturday, 15 June 2019 02:18:28 PDT Jean-Michaƫl Celerier wrote:
> You can download a CMake static binary (https://cmake.org/download/) that

Whether we need to require such a thing is a point of discussion for the Qt
6.0 release. That's the same as requirements on libraries: if we require a
PCRE2 or Wayland library that is so new that none but the rolling-release
distributions have at the time of launch, we'll see a slower adoption of Qt 6.

I would prefer that our requirements be present in Linux distributions we
declare are supported build environments. If nothing else, our CI will benefit
from this.