[Development] Proposing CMake as build tool for Qt 6

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Mon Jun 17 19:38:54 CEST 2019

On Monday, 17 June 2019 08:56:15 PDT Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> > Are you seriously thinking that Qt is going to use scripts from some
> > random
> > github projects ?!?!?
>
> There is a choice: with cmake you either spend hours yourself developing
> stuff, or reuse results of those who went through that hell before you

No one is proposing blindly using stuff from random GitHub repositories. We're
not Node.js.

Reusing existing code is not blindly trusting. It would imply importing the
feature, inspecting it and integrating with our build. It's a means to speed
up development, by reusing prior work with pride. In the spirit of Open
Source.