[Development] Deprecate the Keccak hashes in QCryptographicHash?

Giuseppe D'Angelo giuseppe.dangelo at kdab.com
Tue Jun 18 20:01:07 CEST 2019

On 18/06/2019 18:01, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> We have them because we made a mistake when we added SHA3 support. We've kept
> them for compatibility, for people who had hashes to compare to and had
> accidentally used Keccak.
>
> They're the only ones we couldn't fall back to Linux's AF_ALG or OpenSSL's
> support, which often contain more optimised code that ours.

Weren't there some reports about users that have accidentally generated
Keccak hashes with Qt 5.x, and thus required the algorithms to be left
in in order to have backwards compatibility? (Sure thing, those hashes
should have been regenerated by now...).

My 2 c,
KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts