[Development] Assistant WebKit/WebEngine support

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 12:13:24 CEST 2019

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019, 22:29 Volker Hilsheimer <volker.hilsheimer at qt.io>
wrote:

> And I agree Simon that all those things don’t exclude each other. In fact,
> with a service that provides indexed searching and other high-level APIs to
> retrieve documentation content would make it a lot easier to develop some
> innovative interactions with the documentation, without having to worry
> about the “backend” stuff.

There are lots of help viewers out there, can we please pick one of those
over writing our own? Or at least have our documentation server support
some widely used formats instead of having our own?

Developers often need more than Qt itself and it is extremely convenient to
have all the documentation in one viewer. Getting more than just the Qt
docs I to assistant has always been possible, but also a big hassle since
it uses a format basically no other documentation comes in.

Best Regards,
Tobias