[Development] Assistant WebKit/WebEngine support

Simon Hausmann Simon.Hausmann at qt.io
Tue Jun 25 09:26:46 CEST 2019

Hi,

QtQuick 2 is not required for using WebEngine and there is support for software rendering. The existing Qt Creator integration as well as the proposed patch to Qt Assistant to use Web Engine is using the widgets integration.

To put it to a test, I just installed a fresh Windows 10 in VirtualBox on my Linux Box, installed VS, Qt Creator and Qt 5.13 and compiled the web engine widgets simple browser example. It built and ran out of the box inside the virtual machine and I could browser qt.io and doc.qt.io.

Simon