[Development] Assistant WebKit/WebEngine support

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Tue Jun 25 21:28:49 CEST 2019

On 21/05/2019 14:50, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
> 21.05.2019, 15:47, "Bastiaan Veelo" <bastiaan at veelo.net>:
>> On 20/05/2019 19:02, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:
>>>   [...] Current version of QtWebKit from 5.212 works on Windows,
>>>   there are binaries at
>>>
>>>   http://download.qt.io/snapshots/ci/qtwebkit/5.212/latest/qtwebkit/
>> Extracted into qtbase and Assistant builds like a charm! However running
>> it gives
>>
>> "The procedure entry point
>> ?staticMetaObject at QSslSocket@@2UQMetaObject@@B could not be located in
>> the dynamic link library D:\Qt\gerrit\qt5\qtbase\bin\Qt5WeKit.dll".
>>
>> I have checked out the Qt dev branch from May 11, which I can imagine
>> could cause problems. Do you happen to know which Qt version those
>> QtWebKit binaries are known to work with?
> 5.10

I decided not to compile Qt myself any more, because I can't wait until
the next day for it to finish each time. Therefore I have forked qttools
and am compiling Assistant separately using a stock binary Qt
distribution. For some reason though, 5.10 is completely absent from the
installer. I'll have to let the WebKit approach rest for the time being.

Bastiaan.