[Development] Assistant WebKit/WebEngine support

Bastiaan Veelo Bastiaan at Veelo.net
Tue Jun 25 21:50:12 CEST 2019

On 21/06/2019 11:08, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:
> [...] The best solution would therefore be, in my opinion, to change
> the order of compilation, apply the existing patch, and consider
> refactorings and unifications thereafter.

I went ahead and did this. https://github.com/veelo/qttools is a fork of
qttools for the sole purpose of compiling Qt Assistant against a stock
binary distribution of Qt as an independent application. It compiles
quickly and conveniently using Qt Creator. The 5.13_assistant_webengine
branch contains the WebEngine support by Allan Sandfeld Jensen and
several additional fixes of my own. At least I have a working solution
without the need to wait until the next morning for compilation of Qt
and WebEngine to complete, with reasonable odds of being able to keep in
sync with upstream and future releases.

Bastiaan.