[Development] Moving to Gerrit 2.16.9

Kari Oikarinen kari.oikarinen at qt.io
Fri Jun 28 09:31:05 CEST 2019

On 27.6.2019 17.53, Tor Arne Vestbø wrote:

>> On 27 Jun 2019, at 16:10, Frederik Gladhorn <Frederik.Gladhorn at qt.io> wrote:
>>
>> On a related note, now that things are generally working with the new Gerrit,
>> I was wondering if we want to consider plugins. There is one to add reviewers
>> based on git blame
>> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/reviewers-by-blame
>
> YES

While this sounds good in principle, I'm a little apprehensive about the
details. The plugin adds reviewers on new patchsets. I think that means that if
it adds someone that doesn't actually want to do the review and they delete
themselves, any new patchset is likely to add them again.

I think it might not also recognize WIP status (although it can be configured to
ignore changes with a certain regex in subject).

If it were a button to add automatically suggested reviewers, I'd be in favor.
But I think this particular plugin might be too aggressive. For example Ossi is
likely to be added to quite a few commits touching qmake...

--
Kari