[Development] Moving to Gerrit 2.16.9

Mutz, Marc marc at kdab.com
Fri Jun 28 17:29:29 CEST 2019

On 2019-06-27 16:10, Frederik Gladhorn wrote:
[...]
> On a related note, now that things are generally working with the new
> Gerrit,
> I was wondering if we want to consider plugins. There is one to add
> reviewers
> based on git blame
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/reviewers-by-blame
> and I'll give Gravatar a spin:
> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/admin/repos/plugins/avatars-gravatar
>
> We should also consider the various webhooks plugins. Comments
> appreciated.

I don't know whether there's a plugin for that, but a feature that would
really benefit a lot of Qt devs would be if Gerrit would understand
whether the Merge Conflict is due to a prerequisite commit not having
been merged, yet, or whether there's really a conflicting commit merged.
It kind of knows already, since it shows which other commits conflict
with the current one, if any, but it still shows Merge Conflict for
missing prerequisite commits. It would be totally cool if instead of
Merge Conflict, it would show Prerequisite Missing (e.g.).

And then, going into dream mode, if one could add a prerequisite
manually, across modules, so that a, say, qtdeclarative change could
track a qtbase one and show Prerequisite Missing until the qtbase commit
has been merged _and integrated_ in qt5.

Don't know how hard this would be to implement, or if it's possible at
all.

Thanks,
Marc